Wednesday, August 17, 2011

When are you an Artist?

I've been doing things creatively for as long as I can remember. I know so many extremely creative people. Some make a living at it, most don't. I was just wondering... at what point are you an artist?


I have been doing photography for over 30 years. Seriously... more than 30!!! I've been paid, hired, educated to take cool photographs. I'm just now feeling like I can honestly call myself an artist. Why is that? Are artist just so self deprecating that it's just the way their nature is?
There is Never Just One Way...
For all of the budding artist and closet creatives... Stand up with your work and take ownership of it, tell the world that it was created by an amazing artist and that this is just the beginning. As for the closet creatives, step into the light and let your imagination go wild!!!

1 comment:

  1. I consider myself artistic, but not an artist. Does that make sense? My mind...my thinking...is artistic. My hands don't really do what my mind tells them to. I can't create what I would like to. But I do have the ideas and inspiration.

    Lauralee

    ReplyDelete